We know that for many people this is a difficult time. At school we want to continue to be able to support our children and families. Please contact the school office via email (email@example.com) if there is anything we can do to help and we will get in touch with you. Our pastoral team can provide emotional and practical support, including signposting to other services and providing foodbank vouchers.
Returning to School
A story about returning to school: Coronavirus – Back to School
Returning to School: in other languages
Helpful Contact Information
Stockport Council latest information and advice: https://stockport.fsd.org.uk/kb5/stockport/fsd/advice.page?id=zPgonwIQaX0
COVID-19 Stockport Community Helpline: 0161 217 6046. This has been set up to support those most in need – who do not have friends or family to support them – to access key services that will help keep them safe and well. The line is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm and on Saturdays from 10am to 4pm.
SHOUT service is a mental health service available 24hrs/7 days a week. Text GMStockport to 85258
Letter from Local Authority: Message to Parents May 2020
Emotional Health & Wellbeing
The Council and Stockport NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have launched three new emotional health and wellbeing services.
The 3 new services are
- The Big White Wall – www.bigwhitewall.com, which offers 24/7 anonymous support via a digital emotional wellbeing and mental health service, offers peer support for anyone over the age of 16 as well as support from trained clinicians alongside a range of helpful tools and resources
- the establishment of the new 24/7 mental health helpline and (currently virtual) safe haven for anyone over the age of 18 in Stockport (0800 138 7276), commissioned by Stockport NHS CCG and provided by the charity Making Space
- an Emotional Wellbeing Hub which provides information, advice, and guidance for anyone up to the age of 25 for emotional wellbeing and mental health concerns. Access to this is through the Multi-Agency Safeguarding and Support Hub (MASSH), 0161 217 6028. It’s open 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday
Relational Round Up Newsletters
A weekly newsletter that offers a regular well-being top tip for families and shares good stories from schools across Stockport during our current new ways of living.
Children’s Guides to Coronavirus
See the link below for information which you might useful when talking to your children about the Coronavirus. They also include some ideas for activities to do at home.
- ‘Everybody Worries’ by John Burgerman: A picture book for children who are worried about the Coronavirus.
- ‘Good Days in Unusual Times,’ by Anne-Mette Lange: good-days-in-unusual-times-book
- Free Audio Books (including one about the Coronavirus): https://stories.audible.com/discovery
Children’s Services’ Message to Parents