Special Educational Needs
We aim to ensure that all children are able to participate in the life and work of the school to the best of their abilities, whatever their needs.
A range of internal and external support staff provide additional help for children. We work closely with parents and carers whose children have special needs. We aim to identify any child who may need special provision as early as possible. Our Inclusion Lead is available to meet parents and discuss any concerns you may have.
The school takes its responsibility for meeting the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act and complies with Stockport Local Authority’s Policy. The policy can be obtained from CYPD offices or from the school office following a written request.
Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy
The Inclusion Lead is Mrs Ruth Sumner.
She is responsible for:
- The day to day running of the SEND policy in school
- Being the point of contact for staff, agencies and parents in relation to SEND
- Liaising with parents of children with SEND
- Liaising with external agencies
- Liaising with the Headteacher and SMT regarding budget, identification, assessment, tracking children’s progress, provision, support staff and training.
The Governor in charge of Special Educational Needs and Disability is Mrs Cath McCarney.
The Governors in co-operation with the Headteacher, are responsible for the policy being carried out.
Any complaint must first be discussed with the class teacher. If this is not satisfactory it can be addressed with the Inclusion Lead and/or the Headteacher. Ultimately the complaint may go to the Governing Body.
This policy was adopted in: May 2018
This policy will be reviewed in: May 2022
- Headteacher: Nicky Haddock
- Written by: Ruth Sumner – Inclusion Lead
Policy adopted: May 2020